Tuesday, January 6, 2015

CTMH: STARTING THE YEAR WITH LOVE


Eeeek I am super excited about this post.  I have figured out how to make the inlay card using my Cricut machine....Oh wait Happy New Year and welcome to the first post of 2015, I am designing for Heather Flaherty who is an awesome Close To My Heart consultant and with then new product available I will be making some really cool projects....But back to my excitement about the card I have made.  I have seen this style of card all over the internet and just had to try, but I wanted to use my Cricut machine.  I am a big fan of Cricut and the Artbooking cartridge, just because of the many options available


I was inspired by Papertrey ink designer Laura Bassen when I made this card.  I used Tim Holtz distressing ink to make the ombre look on the card, then I took to the Artbooking cartridge and cut the XOXO out at 8 inches with the center cut feature on for exact placement.  With most of my cut templates I make a few cuts first on scratch paper to make sure I get things right


After cutting the colored image, I cut it out 3 more times from white paper, gluing all 4 layers together.  I like stacking to give a chipboard look.  The sentiment is from the Holiday Tags D1560 stamp set.  Stamping the sentiment on black paper and embossing in white powder, I made a mini flag and popped it up with foam tape for dimension


I just love how this card came out and hope that if you are looking to purchase CTMH products that you will use Heather Flaherty as your CTMH consultant.  Click on her name to be taken directly to her sales page.

Again Happy New Year and thank you for stopping by my blog today

xoxo

Always good news when others enjoy my work.
This was on Splitcoaststampers:
Congratulations! In the General Stamping forum, you're in the FAVORITES for the week ending January 25, 2015. See post #25.




4 comments:

  1. I love it! I saw on FB and had to click on your post just to see how you made it.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card!! It is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too creative for your own good lol!! that is a gorgeous card. I too have seen it on Pinterest and wondered how they made it. Now I know, thanks very much to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! I love the ombre effect on that pretty colored portion at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...