Wednesday, December 10, 2014

MY BESTIES INTERNATIONAL EVENT - TODAY LAS VEGAS


It is more than super, it's exciting to create for a designer who has touched the craft tables of so many around the world and to be apart of such a growing company like Sherri Baldy's My Besties.  I would like to take this time to thank Bonnie Kohane who I have the pleasure of working with on the 3D Decoupage Team for putting together this unique and creative event, she has gathered designers far and wide to display one of many images from the My Besties collection.  For the month of December check out the Besties Challenge Blog where a new designer will be featured December 1st- December 31st


  The team that I represent is My Besties 3D Decoupage and for this event I was to create a vintage project.  I chose to use Millie Mae , which can be ordered by clicking the link.  The images come pre-colored with all layers to be cut and assembled.  I was partial to the purple and browns, my favorite color combinations 


If you look at her dress you can see the sparkle, the great thing about using decoupage sheets you have layers to assemble.  Before I fully put her together, I ran a layer through the Xyron machine and added some glitter to her dress



With the addition of some distressed items, flowers, ribbon, snowflakes and jewels, I was pretty happy with how my vintage inspired card came out.  


There will be 31 days of inspiration and opportunity to see how my teammates create, so check back often to get a glimpse at the images put on projects.

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my project

xoxo





3 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic, Deirdre...thank you for sharing your card with us at My Besties International!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you are an expert at layering!!! I'm more of a CAS girl so this is just jaw-dropping gorgeous!
    xxx
    Riette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through Xyron;s Facebook post. I love this decoupage look and would never have thought to use the xyron of the face up side of an image for adding glitter. thanks for the idea. your project is beautiful, by the way.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...