Monday, December 15, 2014

CTMH: MIXED MEDIA CARD


Welcome to a Monday post for Heather Flaherty, Close To My Heart Consultant.  Today I bring you a Pinterest inspired Mixed Media card using the Artiste and Artbooking cartridges.  I get so lost on Pinterest and all the ideas that I often find myself pinning away and hoping that one of the ideas I can use on my project.  Please remember if ever you see something that I have used from the CTMH catalog contact Heather by clicking the link to her blog Paper Crafters Anonymous


Creating background with stencils and modeling paste...YEP you guessed it my most favorite thing to do


I found a background that I loved on the Artbooking Cartridge, image on page 47, right side and I cut it out on super heavy paper at 12 inches. I used modeling paste and a scrap piece of paper and spread out the paste over the areas that I wanted to have the pattern.  Once dry you can paint over it is you so choose.


I really have a soft spot for feathers so I cut 2 sizes from the Artiste Cartridge page 78.  I cut one at 4 and another at 4 1/2.  I love the sparkle and shine and on the button as well



For Gold ink this is my favorite, I stamped the ink directly onto the feather.  It is so rich and full of sparkle, I did the same with the button


Right after I stamped on the ink, I sprinkled clear embossing powder over the top and melted it with my embossing heat gun.  I really deepens the color.  For the smaller feather I used 3 different colors and sprinkled embossing powder on top and then heated it with my embossing tool, same for the button


I love using my cartridges to create and re-create cards and projects that I love.  
I truly hope that you have been inspired and will be "creating something handmade" really soon.

Visit Heather's blog to place your order and until next time, have a great week

Deirdre, xoxo





1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love all of the great textures and gold you added!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...