Monday, November 3, 2014

CTMH HOLLY HOLIDAY GLITTERED ORNAMENTS


It's really feeling like Christmas in my house, I love to glitter up anything that gets in my way.  So todays Close To My Heart post is all about the ornaments.  I am really digging into my cartridges these days and loving the cuts that I am finding to make my project.  Heather Flaherty which is whom I design for is an awesome CTMH Consultant so if at anytime you like my project and the supplies that I am using be sure and visit Paper Crafters Anonymous and she will ship your order out right away.


Using the Art Philosophy Cartridge I was able to cut this adorable ornament out at 4 inches using the My Reflections Yuletide Carol (X7187B) and Seaside (X7192b) designer paper by CTMH



When applying glitter the Xyron is a dream.  You run your cuts through and the adhesive adheres evenly 


Using Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter I covered my cut to give a candy effect to the outer layer of the ornament.  With Xyron you don't have to worry about stray glitter flaking off and getting all over the place

Just a beautiful finish!!!

I like to use this brush to give my images depth.  I like how soft the brush applies the Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo ink to the surface.  The holly was cut from Winter Wonderland Cartridge at 4 inches

Finished off my ornaments with some ribbon and pearls, stamping a sentiment from the For A Friend (D1542) clear stamp set.  You could easily make a set of these for gift giving or making them for your own holiday presents.

I hope that you enjoyed my project and that you are inspired and will be "creating something handmade" for the holidays.

xoxo, Deirdre

1 comment:

  1. this is so beautiful, love these gift tags.. all of the extra little details you add to it are amazing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...