Monday, May 25, 2015

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY AND A MY BESTIES DT PROJECT


Happy Memorial Day Monday, I salute all my Brother's and Sister which whom I served with and are either still on Active Duty or have retired like me.  I Salute my Father and other family members along with all my friends.  Today is a fun day it is beautiful outside and I get to share my design team project for My Besties.  You can purchase this image by clicking here.  I really love Sherri's images because with the change of skin tone and hair color you can adapt to just about any ethnicity your heart desires



Digital images offer alot more wiggle room when it comes to designing.  For this image I wanted it to be just a bit smaller to fit on this tag, so I copied it and pasted it into a word document and sized it down.  I cut out my tag and marked on the plain paper for placement.  Using tape to secure in place I ran the tag back thorough the printer...just like that you get your image where you need it for decorating


Coloring on Kraft paper makes coloring brown tones a few steps easier than when you color on white or cream paper.  I was able to get the flesh tone I wanted with just 2 markers.  Use a light hand and don't leave the marker on the paper to long, Kraft paper is very porous so it takes very little ink to complete your area


Not to black not to light...that is where using Grey tones come in


"Fade to white" or in this case "Fade to Kraft" it is a fun technique when you want as little or alot of ink.  Using the colorless blender you will saturate your area to color and then immediately use your choice of colored marker right over the same spot.  The color will fade out, yet in this case I did not go all the way to the bottom of the dress and I did go over the edges to soften just a bit more


I needed a little sparkle, so I adhered bling with Glossy Accents


Don't be too alarmed if when you color on Kraft it does not appear as pretty at first...I find that when the ink dries that is when the color is seen



I want to thank you for stopping by my blog today and until we meet again enjoy...

xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...