Monday, May 11, 2015

EASY SHADING FOR CLOTHING



It's a good day to be a Besties fan, today is Monday and I have an easy project tutorial that you can use when it comes to shading clothing.  For my project I have used this Big Eyed Big Head Doll img581 which can be purchased from the shop by clicking here



There are so many directions you can go when it comes to card making and using the Besties.  I incorporated an embossing folder to add texture to the card front and used a folder that went along with the head band


When I was looking for the perfect sentiment to go with this card I went to my stash and found this retired stamp from A Muse Art stamps, I do have to say the look on this dolls face and the way she is holding the heart just reminded me of a big box of chocolate


For this image I wanted to give some shadows so that the skirt would not be so flat.  Using my Copic Markers C00, C3, C5 I started with and colored the entire skirt with C00.  Next I decided where I wanted the deepest shadow, which in this case was on the fold of each layer (or the lines in the skirt) .  Following the line pattern lengthwise, I laid down my deepest color C5 and made a thick line.  Using C3 I repeated the previous step only overlapping the edge of C5 in order to blend and soften the color just a bit.  If you work fairly quick the ink will still be wet and you won't have to work so hard at blending.  Wanting to add more depth in spots I took my C5 and flicked in more color at the waist and at the bow and when I was happy I went of over the whole skirt lightly with C00 to blend all colors. 

For me this is a quick and easy way to add depth when the skirt itself has shape but no print


I hope that you find this Monday tip for coloring your Besties helpful and if you want to purchase this image, click here and you will be taken directly to the shop

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog

xoxo

Deirdre 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...